It’s time for some Fall Cleaning!
- mobile phones
- cordless phones
- old cables
- dead batteries
- LED monitors
- NON-CRT Televisions
- old appliances, like washing machines and dishwashers
- RC toys
- fax machines
- video cameras & flip cams
- electronic testing equipment
- basically anything with a battery or electronics.
- REALLY old school televisions and computers monitors – you know, the big, deep wide and thick CRTs with the curved screens – will cost extra. You can still bring them, but the cost will be $30 for < 32”, and $50 for > 32”.
- Lightbulbs. No lightbulbs. Like, none.
Computer and Electronics Recycling by E-Cycle New Mexico
E-Cycle New Mexico is a computer and electronics recycling company. You can be rest assured that all electronics sent to and processed by E-Cycle New Mexico will be recycled properly and professionally.
E-Cycle New Mexico follows a 3-tier recycling hierarchy for all of the used computer and electronic equipment we receive. When your equipment is brought to our processing facility it is weighed and inventoried. The computer and computer peripheral equipment then goes through the following phases:
1st Phase – Reuse:
The first phase of the electronics recycling process is to visually inspect each unit and to sort out any units that can be reused or refurbished. All data stored on equipment to be reused will be sanitized in accordance with NIST 800-88 and the Department of Defense 5220-22-M standards before being reused. Units that are sent for reuse will be tested and/or refurbished and sold to downstream reuse markets.
2nd Phase – Recover:
The electronic equipment that does not pass visual inspection will be sent to the processing area. The electronic equipment will then be de-manufactured and separated into metals, plastics, and glass. The individual components that are re-marketable will be harvested and sent for reuse.
3rd Phase – Recycle:
After de-manufacturing the electronics, all of the components and materials that remain will be processed and sent back into the recycling stream to be used in making new products.